9.16.2011

Toast To The Struggle : nefTUNES ft. DJ Haitian Papi Lupe Fiasco's "Kick, Push"

"So when iiWas living in Tallahassee, the main spot for the open-mic was this bookstore called Amen-Ra's. iiWent through there and did my thing a few times...and the host came up to me one night and said that he wanted to do a song with me...we kicked it and he started spittin the rhyme and his concept with me. iiWas really digging it and immediately started writing to it...we recorded the track the next day...the electricity and the excitement in that simple recording session in my college apartment on my laptop was undeniable...although it was a simple beat-jack, it felt like something truly special...maybe cuz we were talking about our folks and whatnot..."


My Friend Jade and iiAt Amen-Ra's Right Before My Performance. Jade Coined The term, "Acoustic Gangsterism" in 2006 and it's been in the nefTUNES Vocabulary Pamphlet ever since.
...
Listen To "Toast To The Struggle" ft. DJ Haitian Papi:





Download this song now (.99).