3.20.2010

My Grandmother the Bishop

Very important business...


This past Tuesday, iiWas honored, humbled, and privileged to share my gifts before an audience that had gathered to listen to a lecture that would be delivered by my grandmother, Bishop Carolyn Tyler-Guidry.


Biship Carolyn Tyler-Guidry currently serves as Bishop of the 8th Episcopal District of the AME Church. She is also the President Prelate (that means president of the presidents) of the Bishop's Council of the AME Church.



And, you got me right. She's my grandmother.


iiKnow that it may be a shock to some folks to learn that iiHave such deep roots in the church. (Why? iiDon't know).


iiL tell you something else you may not know about me. iiTake pride in knowing that my roots lie in the legacy of this woman.


She carries herself with pride and is unafraid to stand in the face of the "big boys" and say "iiAm Woman".


She was the first female appointed as a Presiding Elder in the AME Church, and the first woman to run for Bishop of the AME church...ever.



To be a trailblazer, to be fearless, to be aware of my rights as a human being while owning, exercising, and proclaiming those rights is something iiCan only aspire to.



iiAsked my Dad to take a video of the performance, and iiThank him for his videography skills...btw, my mom taped me at the AC Atlanta show. It's always a family affair. They've both got iPhones, and iiHave the Nokia no-name...



Please enjoy this Nefertiti and the nefTUNES LIVE!!! Performance of Original Composition : "My Peace"



God Bless the child...